If you have a small business, then you know that it’s essential to make your website stand out from the crowd.
If your website isn’t professional looking, or if it doesn’t include unique content and clear calls to action, then you will never be able to compete with larger businesses who spend thousands of dollars on marketing each year. Luckily, there are five simple tips that can make your website look more professional than ever before!
1. Use a professional looking website
- Work with a website designer who understands what you want to achieve and has experience designing eCommerce websites that convert visitors into customers, they can help you make your website stand out.
- Make sure that your website is responsive and mobile friendly, as this will allow users to view it on any device (including smartphones) without issues.
- Ensure your site is simple to navigate, so that customers can find what they’re looking for quickly.
2. Have a clear call to action
A call to action is a phrase that encourages your visitors to take an action. For example, if you have an online store and want people to buy something from your site, then “Buy now” would be a good call-to-action.
It’s important because:
- It converts visitors into customers (or leads).
- It makes it clear what the purpose of the page is for (i.e., not just giving information).
Call-to-action examples include: “Subscribe now”, “Book flights here”, or “Join our newsletter”.
3. Create unique content on your website
The next step that will make your website stand out from your competitors is creating unique content. When you’re creating your site, it’s important that you provide information that no one else is offering. If someone visits your page and sees something they can find elsewhere, there’s no reason for them to stay on your site and make a purchase from you instead of going elsewhere. The difference if often YOU so make sure you are visible!
4. Get reviews from happy customers
Getting reviews from happy customers can help make your website stand out as a trusted business. Reviews and testimonials are an important part of building trust with potential customers, so they’re great for showing off your company’s strengths and weaknesses in a positive light.
If you’re just starting out, getting reviews will be a bit more challenging than if you have a well-established business with lots of happy clients who write things like “I’ve been using [company name] products since the first day they opened their doors!” But don’t worry–there are still plenty of ways to get those first few glowing testimonials!
5. Use SEO and keywords effectively
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a huge part of website marketing. It’s all about making your site appear at the top of search results, so that people looking for information on your topic will find it.
Here are some tips to help you optimize your website:
- Use keywords in your content. This means using words and phrases that people would use when searching online, such as “buy shoes” or “cheap dresses.” Don’t just throw random words into the middle of sentences–think about how someone would search for what you’re offering on their search engine bar.
- Include keywords in your title tag (the text displayed above each result), as well as meta descriptions (the short description below each result). The goal here is to describe what visitors will find if they click through from those pages onto yours; if possible include some variation on these phrases within those areas too (e.g., ‘Buy Shoes Online’).
A professional website is easier to navigate, which can be a big help when you’re trying to attract customers and clients. It also makes it more likely that your website will be found by search engines, which can lead to more traffic and sales.
The best way to make your website stand out from a crowded marketplace is by making sure that your small business website is professional and easy to navigate. Make sure that it has a clear call to action and unique content that makes people want to stay on your site longer. You should also make sure that your website uses SEO effectively so people can find it when searching online. Finally, it’s important that reviews from happy customers show up on Google searches too – google my business is a great (and free) way!
So there we go, 5 ways you can make your website stand out from the crowd online.
If you need help implementing any of these points and you would like to chat through options then reach out, as a Shopify Partner I LOVE helping small businesses elevate their online presence – with a new Shopify website, a redesign or a theme update – and I am excited to help you!
Want to set up yourself but found this helpful then please consider using my affiliate link which gets you a free sign up for Shopify along with 3 months at $1 per month to get yourself all set up (the same deal that Shopify offer directly). I would be very grateful for the support!